Friday, December 08, 2006

120/80? It's gotta be a mistake


I went into my doctor's appointment today to get a referral to get my bite fixed. They took my blood pressure, and it came back 120/80. Are you kidding?

I peed in a cup and gave the lab some blood before going to 老四川饭店 Lao Sichuan Fandian. I ordered 四川牛肉 "sichuan style beef", and of course 蚂蚁上树 "ants on the tree." My goodness, that food is good. I found the picture of 蚂蚁上树 on Google images; but rest assured, the one I brought home in Styrofoam looks and tastes way better than the one in the picture.

The best part of the whole sichuan experience is the pepper, which is so hot, it's numbing. I swear it's a narcotic.

So I made it through the week, through the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Next week I have quite a week scheduled, but spiritually speaking, I'm already on Christmas break. Tomorrow, the fireplace gets fixed. Sunday is the faculty Christmas fiesta. On Tuesday we're all Mexican; Mass on Thursday, Christmas assembly on Friday. Then I have a few days to myself, before my parents get here.

I'm thinking about going to Ikea right now to get a shoe rack. As long as I'm back in time for Battlestar Galactica tonight. The show is good, you all. Part of the entertainment for me, though, is to read Jacob's really smart recaps on television without pity.

Really, I'm trying to motivate myself into driving to Ikea, because tomorrow it will be packed. But really, all I want to do is sit on my couch, enjoy my central heating, and concentrate on the slow burn of the numbing peppers from my sichuan dinner.

I remember when I used to use this blog to tell stories. Oh well.

1 comment:

Trope said...

Ikea? Eh. I support the sitting-on-couch plan.

I'm a great fan of Jacob as well (last week's recap in particular; he gets wordy sometimes, but last week he was right on). I wanna love this week's installment because it was written by Jane Espenson, and while I was blown away while watching, I still haven't figured out what I think about it long-term.