Monday, June 19, 2006

Target: Belltown

So our friends the North Koreans are rattling their sabers again, this time with an ICBM on a launch pad (thanks, Al Jazeera!).

I shocked my freshman class a few years ago when I pointed out that North Korean diplomats get everything they want when they want from the West.

Anyway, nothing sells ads better than fear, so of course the local news stations all talk about the Korean ICBM , saying how it can reach the West Coast of the US. And as they say that, they show the iconic picture of the Space Needle, with the skyline and Mt. Rainier in the background. Duck and cover, everyone!

I hate the Great Leader. He lives like a deity, while his people go without rice.

Sigh. I wonder what happens when the Great Leader finally bites it.....

No comments: