Sunday, July 17, 2005

I love Columbia City

Columbia City is awesome. H and I went to lunch at Jones BBQ in downtown Columbia City, and I couldn't help but think of my grad school friends; warm weather, life without a car, I want to eat meat.

We had stopped at the Soul Fest, but they weren't moving fast enough, so we went to Jones. Of course, Jones doesn't open until one, so we walked to Starbucks and ordered the new green tea frappuccino. Waste of money. It's a shamrock shake with some whipped cream.

Anyway, went to Jones, ordered a dinner combo (ribs and brisket) which came with a side of beans and potato salad. We ordered cornbread for each of us and a bowl of greens. It was absolutely kick-ass. The only thing I would have changed is that I should have asked for the sauce on the side. The meat is good, the sauce is good, but even when the best sauce, it's a damn shame to cover up meat that is that good.

Four hours later, I'm still full.

No comments: