Friday, July 01, 2005

7:45 The sweater and jeans lasted most of the morning. The strong, cooling winds of the southerly Mistral are still blowing. Today for breakfast I didn't want to go searching for the tea, so I just had a bowl of ceral. It was pretty good, pretty whole grainy, oaty, but with a honey glaze and chocolate chips; little splash of French box-o-milk to wash it down. V invited me to Carrefour, but at the last second I changed my mind and took a delicious nap. I hope I don't have to have a nap again tomorrow. Lunch was pan fried tuna and fries. We also had some microwaved salmon en papillote, which was also delicious. I skipped cheese and went strait to melon.

After lunch I went into town. After taking a look around Monoprix, I went to meet J at whatever cafe is next to the mossy block fountain at the Cours Mirabeau. J was told that they have good coffee there--she said it was fine--and I sent back an Orangina in favor of a lemon granita, which was (sigh) not like in Rome!

After chatting for a while there, we went to find J's old apartment. She thinks it's in the building that now houses a skater store called "Same Old Shit." We took a picture. We did a little more strolling according to J's nostalgia, and then later I showed her the salon of the MOF where I ate some sorbet.

No comments: