Friday, July 01, 2005

Aix-en-Provence. I put on light clothes again because they said it would be 30 centigrade, but It's about 22 now and I might go upstairs to put on jeans and a sweater. Nope; the mop just cut me off, I'm stuck outside on the patio. I have to remember not to touch my face because I just pet the dog.

I don't know how to make the modem work, and I'm not sure where V keeps the tea, so for the moment I'm waiting for her to return. The cleaning lady is here; first she vaccuumed the tiles (?) and now she's mopping . .

Last night I couldn't really sleep. The really bad thing about the whole French separate toilet system is that it is an echo chamber. The cool thing about it is that the flush is this crazy cascade that flips on itself. Also the toilet seat attaches to the toilet in what appears to be a solid bar, rather than two bolts. I will take a picture.

I will also take a picture of the bathroom clothes line and the self opening kitchen garbage. The retracting patio shade is also pretty cool.

Ok, I really got to wash my hands and put on a sweater. .

No comments: