Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Dreams and Choices

I had several dreams last night, but I only remember one. I remember chastising B during an intermission at a horrifyingly boring assembly at which they were going over a multiple choice social studies final. It was taking FOREVER, and I complained bitterly about it, exasperated and dramatic like Scarlet O'Hara, throwing myself in frustration onto an adjustable bed. It cracked me up. My dreams lately have been ridiculous.

I dragged my sorry ass out of bed this morning at 6:20; I got dressed and left the house at 7am sharp. On my way out the door, I debated with myself as to how to feed my obnoxious hunger. I had wanted to get a couple of bahn mi from Saigon Deli, but I didn't want to be late for work. So I made a poor choice and spent my last 4 dollars on a gross Burger King breakfast biscuit.

I taught one class, the challenging class, but a lot of students were out sick, so it wasn't so bad. There is something nasty going around; I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the headache I have right now. After my class, my prep period was spent busting out labels and flash-planning the k meeting. During the lunch period, I was meeting with student leaders, and then it was back up to the classroom. After that was a rehearsal, and after that I busted out of there and drove up to the Ave. I tried to get $40 from the cash machine, but it wasn't cooperating; i.e., nsf. So I took out $20 and walked up to Than Vi, and scarfed down charbroiled beef skewers with rice vermicelli. I ran out of there and hopped into the car and drove back to school for the three hour k meeting.

I finally made it home at 7pm. I made myself a bowl of rice, eggplant, and li'l smokies. I have a lot of work to do, but my email is so slow right now. They're webcasting the big game. Hmph.

No comments: