Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Early Start

It's 3pm and I'm already home from work. I should go to the store, but I'm chronically lazy. Besides, I was up way early this morning.

I woke up at 4 am, and lay in bed thinking for a while. Around 5am I got up and got dressed, and by 6am I was on the road, looking for breakfast. I checked out Silver Fork [still closed], went to Pike Place [not even the fish markets were open] and the Varsity [opens at 7]. It was pathetic. By then it was too late to go someplace Mecca or the 5 Point, so I got a gross sandwich at Jack In The Box. I got to work and made a worksheet about it.

Anyway, I taught my class, went to a meeting--only slightly maddening--and then afterwards I went to Huong Bihn for lunch, and got what I always got; skewerd pork, meatballs, shrimp, and ground shrimp formed onto a sugar cane.

When I was done, I went back to work and did everything I was supposed to do. I sat on the couch for awhile, and then when class let out, I went home. Voila.

Boring story to you, early day home for me.

I have to remember to buy garlic and some pasta, refill the water jug . . . . there are dishes to do, laundry as always, and journals to grade. I really just want to take a nap.

Maybe later I will write about the Catholic Consistent Ethic of Life. Maybe.

1 comment:

Doris G. Dixon said...

JP--
luv your blog. you eat cool food.

vic_titious aka dorisboboris