Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Night Before Finals.

This has got to be the grooviest new way to find a restaurant in Seattle. (Thanks, Seattlest)
It's a clickable map mashed-up with Google maps and links to restaurant reviews. So now you can search by neighborhood. Groovy, no?

American Idol's infamous Seattle auditions are tonight. I usually don't watch the show (too much like my work), but I might tonight, just to see if I recognize anyone.

I do know a couple of talented kids who went to audition; one who was called back.

The principal played chicken with the weather this morning... and won. We started this morning at 7:45, when all of Seattle's public schools, in addition to the private high schools, had a two hour late start. I was annoyed when I woke up that I had to go in so early, but the roads were bare and wet and traffic was downright light. I'll have to go in again tomorrow to do morning prayer. Sigh.

The good news is that it's no longer freezing, so my central heating is back up and running. My heater has a little pipe that drips water through a pipe that sticks out outside the wall of the house. When the temperature drops below freezing, the water in the pipe freezes up, and then the heater quits. I'm trying to think of a way to remedy the situation so that I can have heat, you know, when it's cold.

No comments: