Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pineapple Express

Well, folks, it has been raining HARD here, today but mostly yesterday. Yes, yes, it's raining hard even by Seattle standards. There are flood alerts all over the place, and in the rural areas, there are houses and roads being washed away.

I don't have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'm from here. I like the rain.

I think I do get extra dramatic when the rainy season starts in earnest. So far, I've contacted a few of my friends from college and grad school who I've almost totally lost touch with, just to reconnect.

I have a side ache. It's too high to be appendicitis... it actually feels like gas. But it's been there since midnight last night, when I was trying to sleep.

There was a death in the community yesterday; today we pulled together a Mass. There's another Mass on Thursday, for Veterans' Day. I don't want to sing "America the Beautiful."

My ballot is sitting here next to me, I have to go drop it off. I will stop by the store on the way home pick up some tomato sauce, tortilla chips, maybe some sour cream. I'm gonna try to bring my lunch tomorrow. Peanut butter and jelly? Or maybe some left over chili?

Aujourd'hui les collegues m'ont critiqué que j'avais le portable éteint. A mon avis, éteindre le portable est l'avantage d'en avoir, quand même. Je m'en fou de ça, surtout parce que l'un d'eux qui m'a critiqué est un de ces gens qui a peur d'avoir un portable. Il y avait des tas des fois que on avais besoin de se communiquer avec lui, mais il a peur....

Il a pas le droit de m'en critiqué. Je crois qu'il a peur que tout le monde lui appelle, mais la solution est très simple, faut éteindre le portable, et voilà, ça y est.

1 comment:

Trope said...

Chili. It's better to have warm stuff when it rains.

I'm jealous of you and the Pike Place Market, by the way. We lived in western WA when I was little, I only got to go to PPM a couple times. I can't imagine just going there to pick up dinner supplies. V. glamorous, if you're me.