Thursday, November 30, 2006

Late Start; You Gotta Be Kidding

So at 5:45 am I got a phone call from the faculty snow tree. Grr, I should have let it go to voicemail. School is two hours late today. I dragged my sorry ass out of bed, so I could find the number of the next person on the snow tree. I put on all my clothes in anticipation of my freezing house.

Well, I opened the door, and the bathroom wasn't freezing, the hallway wasn't freezing, I went upstairs and it wasn't freezing! I looked at the thermostat: 66 degrees. I looked at another thermometer: 66 degrees. What the heck is going on? I spend two days at home, and it's an icy deep freeze; but they day I have to go to work it miraculously comes back to life? Three days ago I was unhappy with 66 degrees, too cold. But after two days of 50 degrees, 66 seems downright balmy.

Man, whatever.

So my school starts two hours late this morning, but you wouldn't know it from watching the news. It's 6:20 now; a half hour after my snow tree call, but my school's delay is still not showing up on tv news.

The school's website is modified to show today's special late start schedule, but it's listed wrong, showing block 1, block 2, block 3, and block 4. Whoops. It should say blocks 3, 5, 7, 1. Which shows that whoever changed the website doesn't understand the class schedule.

I promised my students a quiz today; I'll go in at 8 to write it. Right now I'm going back to sleep.

No comments: