Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The House is not a courtroom!

So now, Dems have got the House and Senate. We've already heard Republicans hysterically crying "Don't turn the House into a courtroom!" and chastise the Democrats for their vulgarity in the halls of government.

Well, that's one way to look at it. I choose to look at is as the system of checks and balances that protect us from tyranny, as described in the Constitution of the United States of America.

And what do we say about "Don't turn the House into a courtroom!"? That, my friends, is called "Resorting to Manners," and it means that they have no arguement left.

Does Bush deserve to be impeached? I think so. For taking us to war, sending young people to their deaths on the pretenses of links to Al Qaeda, WMDs, liberating the oppressed, bringing democracy and stability to the Middle East. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, and bullshit. It seems to me that he either a) lied to the American people, or b) is grossly incompetent; either way, he's impeachable. But I'm no expert.

But then, as my sister points out, Cheney would be president.

No comments: