Wednesday, August 31, 2005

International Blog Day

So I heard on npr today that it was international blog day, so here's my contribution; my e-friend Anto.

I am going to take an Italian class this fall. Io parlavo italiano dieci anni fa, ma adesso ho paura di perdermilo per sempre. Ci sono pochi i gente qui a Seattle con i cui posso parlare. Quindi ho deciso di pagare mi cento dolari e dedicare le notti martedi e giovedi a queste sessioni di conversazione.

My guitar teacher didn't show for the lesson today. It's a good thing, because I didn't practice.

I'm excited to do the MIT next year. It's a light at the end of the tunnel. If all goes right, I will impress the crap out of my profs and get them to write me good recs into a PhD program. Then I will write text books. And that will be my life.

I like teaching high school, I like the no publishing, I like the benefits, and I DIG the vacation. Still, I don't want to be a lifer. My company is not my identity. My identity is my identity.

Anyway, if I don't get into a PhD program, then at least I will have the magic certificate. I will be able to work anywhere.

My raise shall have gone through by this time next week. Then I will look at cars.

I should buy a hybrid. But they're kind of expensive. Would I really make it all back in gas savings?

I've always wanted to drive a stick, so I'm thinking about getting a Saturn so I wouldn't have to bargain.

Yes, I'm scared of the debt. But my present car and I are getting along less and less.

H might be getting a place on her own soon. I will miss her company and her rent, but I'm psyched about getting the whole place to myself.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the space. I'm thinking about moving in to her room, and then making my room into a den. Then I would have one of those tv-free living rooms.

Then again, I could turn her room into a media room, and leave my bedroom where it is.

Ah the possibilities. Embrace change.

1 comment:

Myrna Villanueva said...

Glad to hear you're thinking about change. Change is good specially if it brings better opportunity. Good luck. I support you.

A hybrid is good if you care about the environment more than just the money you can save on the price of a cheaper car and gas.

H's room can be turned into your office which means you have to move all your books and shelves downstairs. Upstairs can be a guest bed room. Put one couch there so you can also use it as a TV room when you have no guest(s). Stash away your folding bed in the closet and take it out as an extra bed for an extra guest.