Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Am Entitled To One Phone Call.

More crimes against asianness:

Yesterday, I had an 8:00am meeting with a pot luck lunch. At 7:30 am I pulled some frozen japanese vegetables out of the freezer, threw them in a pot of water, and dressed them with soy, vinager, gochuchan, and simple syrup. That's crime #1 for the day.

Yesterday I went to Seven Stars Pepper with H and T, who was here for the queer fem conference. We ordered a fire pot, which had two chambers: broth and spicey broth. The waitress was annoyed, since we only gave ourselves about 45 minutes to eat, but we CHOWED, and we weren't even the last ones to leave. People shouldn't underestimate our power to eat.

Anyway, we took home some leftovers from both chambers, and today I warmed it up in my new Le Creuset 3.5 qt. buffet casserole, which I bought in yellow up at the new outlet mall (yes, I got caught in that big traffic pile up).

Crime #2 for the day: this morning, I didn't have any peanut sauce to eat with leftover firepot. So I made some using crunchy peanut butter, fish sauce, and honey. Oh no!

3 comments:

bitchphd said...

You are entitled to sendme an email, should you be so inclined--I'll be here until Saturday, then back Monday for another week.

Delia Christina said...

dude. i used that wok oil you left at my house and had no idea it had garlic in it. so i made fried rice. and put in garlic. and then a little more because you can't get enough garlic.

there was so much garlic in the house it opened up A-'s sinuses.

jp 吉平 said...

If I bought you wok oil, (which doesn't ring a bell to me) there shouldn't have been garlic in it. You should use pure canola or peanut oil in your wok; flavored oils will burn.

Drizzle flavored oil over your food just before it hits the table for maximum flavor; this goes for extra virgin olive oil as well.