Monday, May 30, 2005

Arrest Me!

Here are the crimes against Asianness that I committed this morning for breakfast.

First, I had a stickey rice/chinese sausage/dried shrimp package from the vietnamese deli left over from yesterday. I warmed it up in the microwave. Because it was in the fridge.

Second, I really wanted some kim chee to eat with my chicken tenders, but alas, no kim chee to be had. So I put some honey-strawberry kochuchan in a sauce dish, and I mixed it with a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinager. IT WAS DELICIOUS. I'm not sorry; I would do it again.

UPDATE:
I see that a lot of Korean kids are checking out my site. Welcome! Here's were you can see some pictures of my strawberry gochuchang. And here.

When I first bought it, I didn't know it was strawberry. I just thought it was normal. Then when I used it, I noticed it was sweet and strawberry like. I used it for a long time before my Korean friend told me it wasn't normal.

4 comments:

Myrna Villanueva said...

Hah! I had halo-halo with ubi icecream the other day. Yesterday I had frozen papaya and fresh slices of orange and a little vanilla soy milk. Mixed them in my blender and voila! ....healthy iced fruit smoothie!

db said...

what's honey-strawberry gochujang? Did you put honey and strawberry in it? it's not a crime against Asianness but against common sense, perhaps.

Delia Christina said...

my stomach gurgled when i read this.

from a filipina in my office - a recipe:
take chorizo, shredded chicken, milk, cheese, pasta; mix it all together and bake it; top with parmesan. she groaned with ecstacy when she told me. i'm afraid yet strangely attracted to this on-the-fly casserole.

jp 吉平 said...

DB: Honey-strawberry gochujang is a jar of gochuchang that I bought, which afterwards I noticed is flavored with strawberries and honey. It's sweeter and strawberrier than regular gochujang. I tried to google it for you, but to no avail.