Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween?

I don't like dressing up for any reason. Not for weddings, funerals, parties, Halloween... no reason. The students ask me why I don't dress for "spirt week" or "decades day" (dude, for me, every day is 'decades day.' Specifically, the 90s).

So I don't like dressing up.

But I do like hats!

So today I went to Sears on First Ave ostensibly to get new pants. I didn't even look at pants, but I did look at a futon, and the fall home furnishings reminded me that it's time for another fondue party.

And then I walked across the street to the military surplus store, and bought three hats: a Greek fisherman's hat, a chef's hat, and a drab cap with a red star. So I figure I can either be a sea captain, a chef, or a communist for Halloween. I will probably be all three throughout the day... but to be honest, putting on the hats will most likely be the furthest extent of my "dressing up."

The weather, by the way, has been downright cinematic. Foggy morning, hard rain at noon, the sun and blue skys while I was still at lunch, overcast in the afternoon with blustery wind, swirling leaves, and skies full of small, flocking birds. Now, golden sunset.

I want pie. Or ice cream or something.

No comments: