Monday, July 10, 2006

Gray Monday

I had trouble sleeping last night, so I slept in today.

Had breakfast at Xingbake. I know I said I'd wouldn't be back there, but it was an emergency.

Class was fine. We started Lesson 4. Somebody pointed out that we had only been in class for 10 days, but I was able to have a conversation on the bus ride home with my laoshi, and it was mostly in Mandarin. We talked about good students and bad students.

We talked about my class; one guy knows a lot of vocab that he's picked up from his friends. Another classmate had 3 years of Mandarin in high school. She claimed she had forgotten everything, but now that she's exposed to it again, it's coming back. The laoshi noted that I have excellent language learning method. The last student is younger and so very capable.

We sat at the very back of the bus, next to a couple of good looking kids, one of whom had a gun and some fireworks in his back pack. He was playing shooting himself with the gun to the dismay/delight of his lady friend. Laoshi and I were annoyed.

I got home and made Aunt Y's chili.

I finally got a call back from the $250/eye lasik place. Also, the contractor will come tomorrow to replace my window. My new laptop is finally ready; I will try to pick it up tomorrow. Piano lesson tomorrow. The lock on my steel door seems to be broken; I'll have to replace it.

I think I'll take a nap now.

No comments: