Sunday, March 19, 2006

Plan B prevents ovulation!


Did you know that Plan B is different from RU-486?

Geez, I shore didn't, 'till I read it myself in the Seattle PI.

RU-486 works legally and medically as an early chemical abortion: disrupting a fertilized egg that is implanted in the womb.

PLAN B DOES NOT! It prevents ovulation in the first place! So legally and medically, Plan B does not cause abortions!

However, Plan B doesn't work if ovulation has already happened, so pharmacists, listen up: if you want to prevent an abortion from happening, give the lady her Plan B right away! No hemming and hawing, no sending her to another pharmacy. If she's had unprotected sex, and wants to prevent an egg from making it's big debut into a uterus full of swimmers, then give her that Plan B and a dixie cup of water.

Plan B is post sex pregnancy prevention, NOT a chemical abortion. Wow. Did you know? I didn't.

Sigh. What a womany post, huh. Maybe to compensate, I'll write something manly-many, like how much I love to split kindling or how fascinating it is to watch the garbage truck.

Don't worry, the Limerick Champs will be named soon...

5 comments:

Delia Christina said...

you're a tease!

bitchphd said...

You're kidding about not knowing that, right? Or did you get sucked in by the anti-abortion media blitzkreig?

(Ding: all chicks are teases, didn't you know?)

jp 吉平 said...

Ding--is it bad to be a tease?

Bitch--Not kidding about Plan B, when it showed up in the Seattle Times I was floored.

btw, I think I just got called a chick. Did I get called a chick? I don't really think I'm a chick.

bitchphd said...

You got called a chick b/c you called yourself womany, don'tcha know. I mean, I'm just agreeing with you. Jeez.

jp 吉平 said...

Bitch, I called my post "womany." I, myself, am not womany. I do not cry at long distance telephone commercials, or wonder about other people's fabric softeners.

Scoff!

Back to my needlepoint....