Saturday, January 21, 2006

Washington State Quarter

I was hungry for some fish, but I'm in grading hell, so not a lot of fuss. So I bought some frozen fish sticks. Bad idea! I cooked them in my toaster oven, put them in a bowl of leftover rice, and splashed them with Tapat�o.

Some fish is fishy because it's a fishy fish. Mackeral, for example. Delicious, oily, fat, fishy mackeral. Other fish is fishy because it's old. My fishy fish sticks: there is not enough tapatio in the world.

Ok, NOW I'm going to start grading.

You, however, can weigh in on the State of Washington's state quarter. I like the top one the best. Action, perspective, Mt. Rainier, and the greatest fish in the world. Reminds me of a Hamms beer commercial.

The center one has the cool factor, and most Americans don't know anything about Pacific Northwest Tribal art... but it looks fake. It doesn't look a real native pacific northwest artist made it. Maybe it's authentic, I don't know. Looks fake to me. I like the idea--I just wish they were a little more hard core about looking native.

Finally, the bottom one. Strangely disturbing. Maybe it has something to do with crazy composition and lack of proportion. It's too bad that it's the only entry that even acknowledges the eastern half of the state.... although, technically, apples are claimed by central washington.

No comments: