Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Break

Christmas break has started, thank you Jesus. What is there to not write about? Well, the Advent Mass, which started with me doing five minutes of stand up; the Christmas Assembly, which the mc kept reminding us was disappointing; the FSC party, the k10team lunch at Johnny Rockets... After that I went downtown to buy a sweater, and once my purchase was complete, I decided to walk through the bon to my car, which was in the garage.

I was just about to leave the men's department when I heard "�profesor!" It was a tall, good looking, solid, well dressed kid I had never seen before, who beared a slight resemblance to a nice, dopey kid I had taught as a freshman who always wore basketball shorts, an oversized tshirt, and a baseball cap, and didn't say too much. Now? He's about to graduate from college, applied to 20 law schools (how many are you going to attend?). I talked to him more there in the men's department than I had ever talked to him as a student.

I have to say, I was very glad to see him, although it did remind me very accutely of when I was young, attractive, full of promise for the future; before I became.... high school teacher for life. How bleak!

For lunch today I treated myself to the enchiladas chipotle at Taquer�a el rinconsito. The beans made me sleepy, so I took a nap before writing this post, and I'm still a little groggy.

I want to go to Boracchini's to get more spaghetti sauce. I tried to make my spaghetti can-o-tuna with cheaper sauce and it was gross.

Tonight we're wrecking Leilani Lanes karaoke.

No comments: