Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Breakfast at noon

This was my breakfast at noon. It was raining, so I drove six blocks south to Pho Hoa, which is your standard no-nonsense pho place, with other stuff on the menu as well. This was number 32:

32. B�n Thit Nuong Cha Gi� Grilled Pork and Fried Roll served with thin
vermicelli noodles and vegetable.


and it was delicious. In fact, the fried roll was still hot, which doesn't always happen.

I put in some mintues practicing guitar. I wish I could just play it! The problem is, I'm not one of those guys that can sit for hours alone practicing. Me, I do it for attention, not necessarily the love of music. Maybe this time next year I'll be performing already, and I'll laugh about the time in ol' 2005 when I complained about sight reading.

I'm going to start taking real pictures with my real digital camera. I love break! Any ideas on what to get my parents for christmas?

PS. A word about the war on Christmas. The word "Holiday" is an inclusive word. "Christmas" is not a bad word, but there are some people (gasp) that don't celebrate it. The people who decry the "War on Christmas" are what we call intolerant.

Some people feel victimized by politically correct speech. That's because for them, it's purely theoretical. They cannot identify with anyone outside of their homogenous chunk of heaven.
Here's a thought: Politically correct speech is CORRECT speech. It calls people what they want to be called. If your name is "Mark", do you want me to get your name wrong? How do you feel if I call you "Bitch Potato" instead of, say "Mark?" No? That's why it's important to get cultural terms right.

However, if you are making up terms in order to appear sensitive (the most famous invented term being "Caucasian"), that's pseudo political correctness, and if you don't know the difference, you should check yourself, because you'd be surprised how many of your acquaintences resent your ignorant ass. Posted by Picasa

No comments: