Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax Day

So I filed my taxes a week or two ago; today the IRS deposited my refund in my account. I had a big fat refund coming to me, because I'm a home owner now. My refund came to over $4600, but don't get excited even slightly, because today I marched down to the county office and paid my property taxes for the years 2004 and 2005. So after property taxes, I still have a nice little refund, but it's still not mad money. Maybe next year it will be mad money. This year, I might just buy myself a screen door and call it even.

I'm probably around the two week mark of not eating sugar or carbs. My blood sugar levels have evened out, so that now even if I get hungry, I don't get psychotic. It's a good thing.

The only thing is that right at this moment, I feel like eating dessert. Not because I crave it, and not because I want to take my metabolism back on the roller-coaster. I want dessert right now because I'm just bored.

I think I will drive to Wallingford and try to find some of those chocolate bars I like. Maybe I'll buy gas. It's too late now to go shopping. hmph.

No comments: