Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fried Pork Chop Sammich

You heard me.

First, I warmed a baguette roll in the oven (I gotsta buy me a toaster oven).

Then I seasoned a pork chop with salt, pepper, and cornmeal. Fried it up.

I have spent the last decade of my life eschewing the mayonaise, but I've learned a new philosphy from the almighty Television: mayonaise (and it's cousin 'butter') waterproofs your bread. I will never eat a soggy, soaked through sandwich again.

So anyway, mayo, mustard, a sliced tomato and a tiny pinch of salt.

DELICIOUS. That baby was in my mouth so fast, I did not have time to take a picture.

2 comments:

bitchphd said...

I too have recently just succumbed to mayonnaise after years--years!--of refusing it. So embarrassing. But it's kinda good. (Hangs head in shame.)

Delia Christina said...

mayo is the only thing that makes a liverwurst sammich edible.

however, cheese also waterproofs a bun.