Thursday, February 03, 2005

Cougar Gold

During one of the World Wars, the creamery at Washington State University took on the task of creating an honest-to-God cheese in a can. Real cheese that could stay on the shelf forever.

Well, they did it, and as much as I enjoy persecuting current and former students of wazzu as the intellectually inferior and alcoholic-stinking buckets of flesh that they are, I do enjoy their cheese.

This was my experience as I walked into the WSU Connections store.

koog: Does it smell like cleaning products in here?

me: no.

koog: Can I help you find something?

me: cheese.

koog: (reaching for a can) Gold?

me: yah. How much is it?

koog: 24 bucks.

me: man, it's cheaper on the website.

koog: yah, it comes out to about 25 if you order online.

me: it kind of does smell like cleaning products thanks.

koog: yah, all of the inventory is here in Seattle. It makes sense to order online if you're buying a whole bunch, but if you're just buying one.

me: ok, thanks.

For the record, the price of Cougar Gold online is $15 for a can. Add $7 shipping, and your grand total is $22 for a single can. Shipping costs get better the more cans you order.

The embarassing part, in my mind, is that there was another koog standing next to your boy the whole time. Tool, I thought. No, too kind. Two-elle.

No comments: