Monday, January 17, 2005

Still Not Grading

I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of my dinner, but it was delicious.

First, I sweated some garlic with black pepper and italian herbs in some butter and olive oil. Then I put in a teaspoon of flour and cooked it a little on low. Then I stirred in the liquid of a can of clams and brought it to a simmer. When my spaghetti was al dente, I tossed it into my sauce. I served it with some fresh tomatoes and a sprinke of that 'cave aged gruyere' I talked about earlier.

That's it! I tried to make pa amb tomaquet, but it doesn't work with Japanese square bread. You need a hard country loaf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Japanese bread which my sister religiously buys. I always feel a little twinkle of guilt, however, when enjoying the softest white bread there is. There's gotta be some nutrition in it, though, right? -- Julie