Saturday, August 14, 2004

Well, I give the Opening Ceremonies a solid 9 of 10, with my only criticism being that the art/culture portion of the show seemed to be more geared toward the camera than the stadium audience. I really dug the parade, but I'm sure it was a bore for the cheap seats.

I remember LA 84; it was lavish and decadent; Seoul 88 was Asian-exuberant (complete with bbq doves); Barcelona 92 was a groovy party. I missed Atlanta 96, and I have no memory of Syndey 00, besides Olivia Newton-John, and a torch that was all concept.

I'm watching CBC coverage; right now they're showing syncronized diving. The Chinese excel at things that involve conformity, followed by the Canadians and the Aussies.

Somebody just turned off my sprinkler!

So I'm back now from Guatemala, and I like having someone cook for me. In fact, I have no desire to cook for myself at this point, and I don't even know what to eat. I had planned to cut carbs as soon as I got back, but I don't have the energy.

No comments: