Sunday, August 29, 2004

Here's another one of my Mama's stories. It's too bad she doesn't live in San Francisco with her brother and sisters; she'd have a funny story every day.

On the day that we brought uncle Johnny home, we decided to walk to the shopping mall located across the road from their house to buy food. The Chinese
restaurant that served cook-to-order was closed. We went to the other place that
has turo-turo, ready to serve food. We pointed at the chicken with double mushroom, beef with chinese greens, fried rice and pancit.

While eating I noticed a smell suggesting that one of the dishes might not befit to eat anymore. I sniffed, auntie Rosaling sniffed, then I said did you bring any immodium with you? The two of us were in denial and were determinedto satisfy our hunger no matter what until uncle Rey took one bite of the pancit just to spit it back out. He confirmed our suspicion. We said we will return the spoiled pancit and get a refund.

We finished eating, then auntie Rosaling and I walked back to the store to return
the spoiled pancit. She was walking in front of me but we were conversing. Then I saw a lady standing in front of a hair salon. I stopped momentarily to ask her: "Are you a hairdresser?" She said "Hair Palace" in a Vietnamese accent. Again I said, 'Are you a hair dresser?'" She again replied,"Hair Palace", in her native accent. I said, "do you work in there?"pointing inside the shop. She said "yes". I said are you a hair stylist? She said"yes". "Are you good?" Of course she said "yes". I asked,"how much do you charge for a haircut?" She said "twelve dollah".

Okay, so I went in. She gave me to another hairdresser after they spoke in Vietnamese. Maybe she did not like me right away because I asked too many questions.

Meanwhile, auntie Rosalinda kept walking towards the food store. She kept talking thinking that I was still behind her. I don't know how many people shemet alomg the way. People might have thought she was
ambagel (psychotic) . After she returned the spoiled food, she came back the same route and wondered where I had disappeared to. Then she saw me sitting on the hairdresser's chair having a
haircut.

So she said to me, "
Pakad ko no wadman kad beneg ko, salita ak lan salita, anggapo ka manaya!" (I thought you were behind following me. I did not realize you were gone and I kept talking!") I laughed and she sat down and waited for me and we walked back to uncle Johnny's house. This time, I walked beside her so she won't be mistaken of talking to herself. Wouldn't be funny if I pulled a joke on her on the way back? HeHeHe!!!!!


No comments: